Sunday, October 16, 2011

Excuses are just that...excuses

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit" -Aristotle

Highlights of my training week/week:
  1. A workout consisting of only skips, no running, just skips. A cumulative 1050 meters of high skips and fast skips. Skipping will never be the same. My calves will never be the same.
  2.  3 1/2 days of semi-forced rest, not because my body necessarily needed it but due to travel and emotional distress (The passing of a dear friend). 
  3. Learning curves & mental notes to self:  
    • Refer to entry quote. 
    • Stop making excuses like #2 no matter how legit it may seem to be.
    • I only hurt myself in the long run with missed workouts. Unless I'm laid up in bed or injured there's really no reason not to get out
    • I always tell my clients, something is better than nothing. Take my own advice.
    • Don't beat myself up over the past, what I didn't do, or what I should have done. Move on to the next day and try not to repeat the bad
Hello to a brand new week.

No comments: