Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Timely Tuesday

Going into practice tonight I knew that it wasn't going to be a walk in the park. Tuesday workouts normally aren't. As I look through our intervals, my prediction was correct. We had an exceptional workout of 3x200 with 90sec rest between each 200, 3min rest, 2x300 with 2 min between the 300's, 6 min rest...now the fun starts 2x(600, 400, 300, 200, 100), the rest in between each of the interval started at 3min down to 60sec btwn and between the ladders was 6 min. For all you non-runners who won't quite understand what I just said...it basically means many fast laps hard with little time to rest. Oh and jello legs and your lungs coming out of your chest. I was skeptical of being able to keep up with my other 3 teammates but surprisingly I wasn't lagging behind like normal. I hit all my times-though I did cut the 600's back to 400's, for the sake of my legs being completely deteriorated. But most importantly I felt good. Exhausted but good. Now it's time to take a fabulous ice bath. BRRRRRR!! My legs will thank me tomorrow.

No comments: