Sunday, July 13, 2008

Living on Words

It's been a while since I've blogged on a quote, mainly just due to not coming across any that really move me, but today warrants a posting. As I was perusing the web on this lovely Sunday afternoon, (because hey I have nothing better to do) I came across an interview on Lolo Jones http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/lolo-jones-interview . Lolo is a 60m and 100m hurdler, and she is going to the Olympics to represent the U.S. in the 100mH. She is amazing to watch, I actually got to watch her up close win the 60m Hurdles at the Indoor National Meet this year--awesome. Anyways to the point, in this interview she sites the quote by Frederick Douglass, "If there is no struggle, there is no progress." I love that just a few simple words can provoke so much emotion and power. This one may be one of the few that can hold a candle to my absolute live-by Jack London quote.

No comments: