Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just when you thought you were safe

True story this happened to me last Monday. I was just running around the track, minding my own business, when out of the first curve jumps this hurdle. It was only 30in at the approach but as it came closer to me it grew to a whopping 50in. It knocked me down sending me skidding across the track. Thankfully it was a chillier day and I had pants and long sleeves because it could have been a brutal attack. I only suffered a large scrape on my left knee and a few scrapes and bruises on my hands. I had heard stories about these hurdles gone wild but I'd never experienced it myself, so I was skeptical about believing this. But folks it's true so be careful if you see stray hurdles on the side of the track, they may be malicious.

I know what you're thinking but I swear that this has nothing to do with me paying so much attention to where my arms were and how much bend was at my hip while my lead leg went over the hurdle that my trail leg foot clipped the edge sending me flying during hurdle practice. Absolutely nothing to do with that.

No comments: