Saturday, December 26, 2009

Where love lies the heart will follow


First let me wish everyone a Merry Happy Holiday season (whichever holiday you chose to celebrate). I was fortunate to be able to spend Christmas with my family, though I teetered back and forth as to if I wanted to plan the entity since it required a bit more than just driving up there. I ending up leaving super early Christmas morning since I have absolutely NO patience to sit in traffic (I realize most everyone's like that but I get super anxious & seriously can't deal...I literally plan trips around traffic times for that reason). I sat on traffic.com the entire day the 24th trying to find the "perfect" time to leave and never actually came to terms with anything I liked, then by the time I did I didn't want to drive. Alas I settled on setting my alarm for 4:30am and driving the 4+ hours to NH in the morning. Of course I set the alarm for that time but I didn't actually get the car rolling until about 10 til 6 (no surprise there). With my method of madness I was able to catch a gorgeous sunrise and pretty much no cars on the road to boot. Brilliant. The rest of the morning was spent at my Aunt's house for our traditional Christmas breakfast and a Yankee Swap. Then I got in the car and drove more to my parents' house for a bit of R&R and dinner. After all of that about an hour before I was set to drive again, it started to snow. What a perfect ending to an great day. No material gifts where exchanged but no worries that's just the way I wanted...there's a whole back story that maybe another time I will explain. Instead I received some of the best gifts: a to die for sunrise, time with my family, a track meet, friends and snow.


Saturday is another early wake up call, 8am this time around not 4:30. I decided that it would be best to park and leave my car in my grandparents yard in NH, rather than bother with it here in NY. I don't really need it though it would make getting out of the city a bit easier, but since I'm downsizing I figure that's probably one of the 1st things that should go. Since I was leaving it my grandparents were so very kind enough to drive me to Boston so I could partake in the 2nd series of Mini Meets at BU, and so I could just catch the bus from there home.
The mini meets are great low key tune-up meets where there is no pressure, it's still the beginning of the season. I use them as an extra workout. Seeing as I just got on the ball with training again, my endurance and a little bit of speed if off from what it normally would be at this time of the year, I decided to roll with an 800. It was eh, I may have been able to pull a little better out but it wasn't a surprise. I definitely didn't try quite as hard as I could have, but it definitely wasn't easy, no need to injure myself by pushing my body to it's brink. Honestly it just made me happy to see some of my friends, yet slightly sad too because I knew I was staying.

I'll always leave a little piece of my heart in Boston on the track so I can always go pick it up to leave it there for the next time.

No comments: