Sunday, January 16, 2011

The good, the bad, and the what happened

Started off my year with the first race of 2011 in a brand spanking new uniform top racing my first 500 at a last minute decision meet. In similar suits of the couple of previous meets that I've raced this indoor season this one did pan out quite as I had high hopes for. The funniest part of it is at Tuesday's practice we did 3x500 and the first rep I did was almost exactly what my race time was, 1 tenth of a second off. This is where I KNOW that math & whatnot are not adding up. On one hand I really can't be disappointed because it was the first time I'd ever raced that distance, I was stuck in lane 6 for 200+ meters (which is not an easy lane to be in), and I also in the past have always struggled to hit my times in practice for 500. On the other hand I have every right to be disappointed because I was able to hit that exact time without spikes and without the extra boost & cheering section that always comes with meets. I know I've been sounding like a broken record lately but it is really frustrating me to no end. Hoping for a break sometime soon...persistence is a charm??? (at least that's what my heart telling me)

No comments: