Friday, January 21, 2011

No whammy, no whammy, no whammy

As I set out to a trek back to the motherland for the weekend, I sit in my head playing the numbers game. Never a good thing with me, but it's hard not to when you're sitting on a bus for 4 hours (though admittedly I started playing this one on Tuesday). In practice you can normally gauge your performances to a degree, what you do repeatedly becomes a second nature. Of course with me it can go every which way, since I'm not a professional athlete it's a little harder to control much of my outside occurrences. I only sit here thinking about my meet on Sunday just because of our workout on Tue. A single 350m, there wasn't any time to meet it was just run it all out. We did a 350 a couple weeks ago and I can't remember exactly what I ran it in but I know that it worked out to be a 64sec 400m. Per usual I raced 2 days before it and ran a 65, makes no sense. Back to this past Tuesday's workout I was able to reel out the distance in 53 seconds. 53 + 8 =61 simple math makes sense, what I will actually do is an unknown variable. Could this be my break?

No comments: